24/05/2007

Present Perfect

Hello Students,
This is a post to give you a link to a very good explanation of present perfect...We use "pretérito perfecto" in a slightly different way, so I hope that this explanation and the exercises that you will find at the bottom of the page will help you a bit...all right?

NOTE:

Some of the activities cannot be done by first year students because we have not seen in class some tenses that I have seen with second year students...
And please have a look at the left side of the page:-)It is a help with tenses
http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/presentperfect.html

By the way, I was having a look at the handouts I have given you and there is one mistake in one photocopy I gave to SECOND YEAR STUDENTS:

In the PHOTOCOPY "Compound nouns made with SOME, ANY AND NO" you can find these sentences:
e. He doesn 't have to stay anything to stay tonight
f. I wouldn't eat anything except at Maxim's

Well, there is a mistake: please change the word ANYTHING for ANYWHERE. OK?

No comments: